I wanted to make a non-dairy pudding using Chia seeds, since they are just like tapioca once add to liquid. I found a couple of recipes and tried one, but was not happy with the results. (Read about Chia Seeds here.)
After an experiment or two I came up with an acceptable version!
Let me know how you find it!
Chocolate Chia Seed Pudding
- 1/4 cup Chia seeds
- 1/4 c. organic Almond Milk
- 3/4 c. light Coconut Milk (use canned for a thicker pudding)
- 2 packets Stevia or 1 Tbs. Xylitol (to taste)
- 1/2 ripe Banana, mashed
- 2 ounces 75% or more Dark Chocolate, melted
- 2 Tbs. Cocoa powder
- 1 tsp. pure Vanilla Extract (optional)
In a medium bowl, whisk Chia, milk, sweetener and banana until well combined. Add Cocoa, melted chocolate and vanilla, cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or overnight.
Stir pudding, ladle into glasses and garnish.
~ Chia cheers! ♥