Whenever I make Tabbouleh I am sure to make enough to last 3 days. That’s about the limit for freshness. It goes so well with so many foods, and as a condiment in sandwiches. I had some left from yesterday, and some black beans left from making the Dark Chocolate Black Bean Bars, so I transformed the latter into a salad, and added the last piece of Ginger Cod.
Very tasty, very healthy… high protein, omega 3′s, high fiber, high antioxidant!
Black Bean Salad
- 4 c. cooked organic Black Beans, drained
- 1/2 c. organic sweet Onion, chopped
- 1/2 c. organic Cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 c. organic Mint, chopped
- 1/2 organic Serrano Chili Pepper chopped (opt.)
- 2 medium organic Tomatoes, chopped
- 2 organic Green Onions, chopped
- 4 Tbs. organic Apple Cider Vinegar (Bragg’s is best)
- 2 Tbs. Lemon Juice
- 2 Tbs. Flax Seed Oil
- 1 Tbs. Olive Oil
- 1 tsp. Sea Salt
- 1/2 tsp. Cumin or more to taste
Mix everything together in a large bowl. Taste and adjust seasoning to your taste. I added a sprinkle of black pepper.
My son ate some for a snack right out of the bowl. He’s my gourmet, finicky 16-year-old critic.
~ Bon Apetit! ♥