I said I would get permission to post Prom Day photos of my son and his sweetheart. He said it was fine to do so.
Having gone to high school overseas where we don’t have a Prom equivalent, I never experienced this event myself, but I surely was excited for them!
On to the Beets. . . !
I love golden beets!
I also like the color they turn the dish they’re in.. Golden.
This is a simple, healthy (of course) and quick side dish that will add pizzaz to a meal. We will use green tea to cook the vegetables, adding an antioxidant boost to the already super good for you veggies.
Golden Beets and Radish Side
- 4 organic Golden Beets, cut in quarters
- 4 – 5 large organic Radishes, cut in quarters
- 1 organic White Onion, cut in half and then quartered
- 1/2 c. brewed green tea (a mild flavor like Sencha)
- 1/2 tsp. Sea Salt
- 1/4 tsp. Black Pepper
- 2 Tbs. Extra Virgin organic Olive Oil
- Dash of Turmeric
- Dash of Ceylon Cinnamon
Place cut up vegetables in a medium pot and add tea. Bring to boil. Add salt and pepper and turn heat to low.
Simmer for 15 – 20 minutes or until beets are just tender. Do not over cook… (I like mine with a little crunch).
Strain into a bowl. Drizzle olive oil on top and sprinkle lightly with turmeric, cinnamon. Adjust salt to taste.
- You can drizzle a little lemon juice on the veggies, and instead of turmeric add a dash of cumin.
- Chop parsley and add when served.
- Mix in cooked quinoa pilaf.
- Add apples cooked with a generous sprinkle of cinnamon and a bit of nutmeg.
~ Bon Apetit! ♥