By now you’re sure to know that Curry is a food we are encouraged to eat frequently. The ingredient that gives it its lovely yellow-ish color is Turmeric, containing the powerful Antioxidant, Curcumin.
Read about this amazing, healing spice here.
Thai Yellow Curry Paste
- 1-2 red or Green chilies, or 1/2 to 1 tsp. Cayenne pepper
- 2 organic Shallots (or 1 small onion)
- 1 thumb-size piece Galangal root or Ginger, sliced
- 3-4 large cloves Garlic
- 1 tsp. ground Coriander
- 1 tsp. ground Cumin
- 1/2 tsp. whole Cumin seed
- 1/8 tsp. fresh Nutmeg, or substitute cinnamon
- 3 Tbsp. Fish sauce (available at Asian stores)
- 3/4- 1 tsp. Turmeric
- 1 Tbs. Xylitol or 2 tsp. Stevia
- 1-2 fresh or frozen Kaffir Lme leaves, snipped into small pieces with scissors (discard central stem), or substitute bay leaf
- 1 -14 oz. can Coconut Milk
- 1 Tbs. fresh Lime juice
- 1 Tbs. organic Ketchup
Toss all in food processor and blend. Refrigerate.
~ Easy peasy! ♥