Summer is around the corner…
Peaches and Blueberries are on our Yes Foods list, with a Glycemic Index of 30 per average peach and 33 per cup of blueberries, they’re well below the 55 threshold. There isn’t quite anything like cooked sweet peaches served hot with cinnamon. Those two flavors were made for each other.
Heating blueberries seems to explode their flavor, so let’s toss those two together with a little topping and bake ’em up for dessert.
6-7 ripe Peaches, sliced 1 c. organic Blueberries
2-3 Tbs. Arrowroot or Potato Starch 1/2 c. organic Rolled Oats
1/3 c. Sorghum flour (or Brown rice flour) 1/2 c. Almond flour
1/3 c. Brown Sugar (or Coconut Palm) 1/4 c. Xylitol (3 tsp. Stevia)
1 tsp. organic Cinnamon 1/2 tsp. Sea Salt
1/2 tsp. Baking Powder 6 Tbs. cold Coconut Oil
1 tsp. Vanilla extract 1 – 2 Tbs Lemon Juice
1/2 c. pecans (opt.)
Preheat oven to 350º (175º C).
- Mix the vanilla and lemon juice into the peaches (use less if the peaches are very juicy)
- Mix in arrowroot/potato starch to thicken a bit and set aside
- Mix together the sugars, oats, flours, cinnamon, salt, and baking powder and blend well with a whisk or fork
- Add the cold coconut oil and work with your hands to until it’s crumbly
- Add nuts and mix
- Sprinkle liberally over the peaches
- Bake for about 40 minutes.
- Let it cool for a while after you take it out so the juices firm up
Enjoy warm with a scoop of non-dairy ice cream!
~ Bon Apetit! ♥