Tonight was my night to cook 15 to-go dinners.
Three times a week, people from our community volunteer to cook for 15 -20 people in the neighborhood who sign up for take away dinners.
I made Fasoulia, Green Bean/Carrot Salad and Pearl Barley Pilaf.
I’m not usually a fan of red peppers, but in some recipes, like this one, I love the flavor they bring to the dish. This is a salad that is best at room temperature, but can also be served chilled.
- 1 lb. organic Green Beans, trimmed and cut in half
- 1 lb. organic Carrots, sliced in 1-inch pieces or julienne
- 1/2 organic Red Pepper, diced
- 1/2 organic Red Onion, diced
- 2 Tbs. Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Tbs. Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 tsp. Stevia
- 2 tsp. organic Tomato Paste
- Sea Salt and Black Pepper to taste
Steam green beans and carrots until crisp-tender, about 15 minutes.
Drain and place in a large bowl. Add peppers and onion.
Mix dressing with a fork until blended. Pour over vegetables and mix well.
Serve at room temperature for maximum flavor.
~ Bon Apetit! ♥