I recently posted about heart-healthy Hemp Protein and its awesome amino acid ratios…
“..the hemp seed is that extremely rare plant-based nutritional source that offers a complete protein. Unlike most other plant-derived foods, hemp protein contains all the essential amino acids required in the human diet. What’s more, according to author and researcher Lynn Osburn, hemp contains those essential amino acids in precisely the ratio required by humans, a feature no other plant food source can claim.”
I received my Hemp Seeds yesterday, and so this morning I created a Powerhouse of Health in a Bowl breakfast!
Use your favorite berry, since they are all full of antioxidants.
Unlike processed dark chocolate, antioxidants are preserved in raw Cacao. Raw Cacao has more antioxidant flavonoids than any food tested so far, including blueberries, red wine, and black and green teas. In fact, it has up to four times the quantity of antioxidants found in green tea. Health benefits of these antioxidants include:
- Promote cardiovascular health – Help dilate bloods vessels, reduce blood clotting, improve circulation, help regulate heartbeat and blood pressure, lower LDL cholesterol, and reduce the risk of stroke and heart attacks.
- Protect from environmental and metabolic toxins – Help repair and resist damage caused by free radicals, and may reduce risk of certain cancers.
- 1 cup organic Blueberries
- 1 Tbs. organic Hemp seeds
- 1 Tbs. freshly ground Flax seeds
- 1/4 tsp. Sesame Seeds
- 1 Tbs. raw organic Cocoa Nibs
- 1/2 packet Stevia
- 3/4 tsp. Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. Probiotic powder
- Optional: Almond or Rice milk
Mix all together in a bowl. I eat them dry.. but you could add Almond, Rice or Soy milk if you prefer.
In this bowl you’ve fed your body 1/3 the antioxidants needed for the day!
~ Cheers! ♥