Whenever I boil eggs, I feel compelled to draw faces on them! First, it lets people know they are boiled … and second, it makes us smile when we open the refrigerator door. When I had my Cafe, all boiled eggs in the cold case were displayed with a variety of faces.. some were doggies and kitties too. The college kids loved them.
I made dough for Zaatar pies, this morning. And while I was waiting for it to rise, I decided to try a recipe I saw on GreenKitchenStories’ blog.
I replaced the Buckwheat flour with Barley flour, and used Blue Corn flour instead of regular. I also adjusted the seasonings to my taste. They turned out well! Quite yummy and very healthy.
Next time I am going to put the Chia Seeds IN the batter for a crunchy version!
Recipe : Spinach-Carrot Muffins
- 1 c. Barley flour
- 1/3 c. Blue Cornflour (or regular)
- 1 tsp. Xanthan Gum
- 1-1/4 tsp. Baking powder
- 3 Tbs. freshly ground Flax seeds or boiled Quinoa
- 1 tsp. each Salt & Black pepper
- 1 tsp. Nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp. Cinnamon
- 3 high omega-3 Eggs
- 1 c. plain Soy Yogurt
- 6 oz. fresh organic Spinach, roughly chopped
- 2 organic Carrots, grated
- 1 medium organic White Onion, grated
- 1/2 Organic Lemon, Juice and grated Peel
- 1 clove Garlic, mashed
Topping: Pumpkin seeds or Pine nuts or Chia seeds.
Preheat oven to 350°F.
~ Enjoy. ♥