Pick up one of these delicious nutritious drinks and give your body a huge boost this winter season.
Here are two no-fail concoctions to rev up your immune system and fight off the season’s attempt to make you sick!
1. A sure-fire way to start each day on the right foot, is to squeeze a lemon, grate some ginger, heat some water and shake some cinnamon… all this adds up to a hefty dose of antioxidants, vitamin C, and immune-boosting compounds.
Ginger-Lemon Cold Buster
- Juice of 1 organic Lemon
- 1 tsp. freshly Grated Ginger (or use 1/2 tsp. dry)
- 8 oz. Hot Water
- 1/2 tsp. organic Cinnamon
- Dash of Cayenne
If you need a little sweetener, you can add a packet of Stevia, or no more than a 1/2 tsp. of organic honey.
- 2½ c. Almond, Coconut or Rice Milk
- 1 c. organic Blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- 6 organic Strawberries
- 1 scoop of concentrated, non-denatured Whey Protein Powder
- 1/4 c. soaked Chia seeds
- 1/2 Banana, choose one with no brown spots
- 1 oz. Coconut Kiefer
- Dash of CinnamonMix all in blender just until smooth. Can sprinkle more cinnamon on top.
Makes 2 generous servings.
Tip: Soak the chia seeds in 1 1/2 cups 0f water overnight to get the maximum nutrients. When that’s not possible even soaking for 15 minutes will make a difference.
~ To Your Health! ♥