This is the closest I’ll ever get to a Donut!
Tried this recipe, modified the quantities a little, and added one ingredient… Voila! A yummy, healthy, cute little cake to enjoy with a cup of Green Tea.
This recipe is easy to prepare and takes ordinary ingredients.. unless unsweetened applesauce is not a staple in your pantry.
Oatmeal Banana Mini Cakes with Cinnamon ‘Sugar’
- 1/2 c. unsweetened Applesauce
- 1 Tbs. freshly ground flax seeds
- 2 just ripe Bananas, mashed
- 3 tsp. Lemon juice
- 1 tsp. pure Vanilla extract
- ½ tsp. pure Maple extract
- 2 Tbs. Maltilol syrup or pure Maple (omit maple extract if using Maple syrup)
- 1- 3/4 c. gluten-free Oats
- 1 tsp. Baking soda
- 1 tsp. Baking powder
- 3/4 tsp. Sea Salt
- 1 tsp. Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. Nutmeg
- 2 Tbs. Xylitol or Date Palm sugar
Preheat oven at 375 degrees.
Grease doughnut pan with coconut oil.
Blend all wet ingredients together well. Mix dry ingredients together and add to wet ingredients. Mix well.
Fill molds 2/3 of the way with batter.
Bake for 11-13 minutes, or until toothpick test comes out clean.
Remove from pan and let sit for 5 – 6 minutes, then roll in Cinnamon-Xylitol mixture or spread with melted dark chocolate. Sprinkle with almonds or coconut while chocolate is warm!
~ Bon Apetit! ♥