Stand back! I’m armed with my Omega Juicer and a crazy mix of berries and vegetables!
It’s Sunday.. a good day to experiment with foods and flavors. Who says? Why, me of course. After all I am mistress of my kitchen, ruler of my diet, ex-cafe owner, ex-caterer, current mom and fighting cancer with food consultant, and of course… overall food combination testing nut.
So with those credentials we move on..
My Berry-Carrot-Ginger Juice with a Twist of Lime
This recipe is anti-oxidant rich with an unlikely pairing of flavors. Play around with quantities to arrive at one you like best.
- 2 medium organic Carrots, rinsed
- 2 inch slice of organic Parsnip cut into quarters
- 1 1/2 c. frozen organic Strawberries *
- 1/2 c. fresh or frozen organic Blueberries *
- 1 thin slice fresh organic Ginger, no larger than a 25 cent coin
- 1 tsp. Kaffir Lime juice or 2 tsp. regular Lime juice
Juice all veggies, berries and ginger with your masticating Juicer, and add lime juice.
* If you are using frozen berries as I did .. a SURPRISE is in store for you! Here is what you’re going to get:
No JUICE~ just frozen sorbet! So BEFORE you put the berries through the juicer, place a clean cup under the spout that will eject pulp, and capture the berries. Add this frozen mix to your juice and stir for a smoothie like consistency!
Don’t’ you just love kitchen surprises…
~ Enjoy! ♥