As you know your body is made of a kazillion cells (give or take a few).
Back to Biology Class for a moment…
Inflammatory chemicals are a by-product which can be harmful to our tissues… antioxidants restore order.
To The Rescue!
What Depletes Our Antioxidants Stores?
- Fatty Foods
- Some prescription drugs
Exercise??? YES! When you exercise you are oxidizing your body… right? Well, then you are a person who needs MORE ANTIOXIDANTS than the average bear.
The goal is to MAINTAIN a healthy level of antioxidants. Not to get enough for a few days, and drop your intake for a few days.
“The amount of antioxidants that you maintain in your body is directly proportional to how long you will live.”
– Richard Cutler M.D., Director Anti-Aging Research, National Institute of Health (NIH).
The FDA used to recommend that we get at least 6500 ORAC (a measure of antioxidant capacity of foods) per day. This number would equal about 4 cups of blueberries a day. Most Americans get around 2,000 ORAC a day.
Not long ago they raised the number to 8500 ORAC a day. WHY?
1. Our soil is depleted of nutrients, so the food we eat offers less nutrients
2. Pesticides lower antioxidant values
3. Toxins in our environment deplete antioxidants and those are always on the rise.
WHAT CAN YOU DO TO FIGHT BACK?
1. Eat ORGANIC
2. Eat a wide variety of dark berries, colorful vegetables and lots of spices (a 1/4 tsp of Cinnamon gives you approximately 25% of the Antioxidants you need in a day!)
3. Avoid chemical additives in food, cosmetics and containers
4. Take a pharmaceutical grade supplement daily that has the full spectrum of Antioxidants and minerals your body needs since it is almost impossible to consistently maintain a healthy level of antioxidants
Below is an example of a comprehensive antioxidant supplement:
Send me an email for a list of pharmaceutical grade manufacturers. All supplements are NOT created equally. Many pills you buy at the local drug store go right through you before your body is able to break them down. The supplement sample above has been clinically shown to raise antioxidant levels within 4 6- weeks.
~ Be Well. ♥