After pinning some cleverly painted flower pots on my PInterest page, I caught the ‘paint something’ bug!
A trip to Ace Hardware and more money spent on paint and a few clay flower pots than can be justified…and I was on the back porch, sleeves rolled up and ideas swirling.
I had a deep turquoise, a hot pink and bright yellow… figuring I could mix them to make orange, purples and greens.
So here is how it went:
Pots are primed, and first go at color.
The cats have been very curious about my activities on ‘their’ porch. So far no rainbow cats.
A Hearty, Delicious Meal in a Bowl
The ingredients are high in nutrition, and combined create a wonderful bowl of comfort food. This dish can be made with a variety of spices; Indian, Italian, Middle Eastern, Asian or spicy South American.
Veggie, Bean and Lentil Happiness Bowl
- 1 Tbs. Coconut oil or e.v. organic Olive Oil
- 3 medium cloves of Garlic, finely chopped
- 1 cup diced organic White Onion
- 1 Tbs. Ginger, finely chopped
- 2 tsp. Sea Salt
- 1-1/2 tsp. Cayenne
- 1 tsp. ground Ceylon Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. Allspice
- 1/4 tsp. Black Pepper
- 1 organic Broccoli, cut into pieces
- 1 c. organic Carrots, cut in 3/4″ chunks
- 2 c. organic Zucchini, cut into bite-size pieces
- 6 – 7 organic Red Radishes, halved
- handful organic Mushrooms, sliced (opt.)
- 15 oz. organic Tomato Sauce
- 1/2 – 1 c. hot Water
- 1/2 c. organic Red Lentils, rinsed
- 1 c. cooked Cannellini Beans (or Black beans)
- Chopped fresh cilantro or parsley, and dried chili flakes for garnish
Heat oil in a large pot or skillet over medium heat.
Add the onion, garlic and ginger. Cook for a few minutes until the onions is translucent. Add cayenne, cinnamon and allspice. Stir mixture for 3-4 minutes.
Add vegetables, tomato sauce and 1/2 c. of water. Bring to a boil. Add lentils and beans, cover and simmer on low heat until lentils are cooked and vegetables are tender, about 25-30 minutes.
If needed, add the rest of the hot water for stew-like consistency. Serve in deep bowls garnished with cilantro and chili flakes.
Enjoy with a tossed green salad in a lemon-garlic-olive oil dressing.
~ Sahtein! (double health) ♥