The plum tree that borders our driveway is so bountiful it boggles the mind. The branches are so laden with the delicious free-stone purple plums, that they hang low and many fruits fall off due to sheer weight! We’ve happily supplied friends and family with armfuls. I hope to make some plum jam and a GF, dairy free tart.
In celebration of my daughter’s 27th, we have a family party at the Farm on Saturday. We made food for 25 people, and I will share some of our recipes with you.
The first is the Cannellini-Artichoke-Kalamata Olive Tapenade, which is high in fiber, low in fat and full of vitamins and antioxidants. You can make this ahead as it keeps well in the refrigerator for 4 – 5 days. It can be served as a tapenade or dip. Spread on gluten free crackers, bread or serve with crudites.
Cannellini – Artichoke – Olive Tapenade
- 1-15oz. can organic Cannellini Beans
- 1/2 c. Kalamata olives
- 1/2 c. marinated Artichoke Heats (no preservatives!)
- 5 Tbs. organic chopped Parsley, I prefer flat leaf
- 2 Tbs. extra virgin Olive Oil + 2 Tbs. for top
- Zest of 1/2 organic Lemon
- 1 Tbs. organic Lemon juice
- Sea Salt, Black Pepper and Red Crushed Pepper to taste
Place all ingredients in food processor holding back 2 Tbs. of the parsley for topping, and pulse until well chopped but not totally smooth. You want some texture.
Place tapenade in a non-metallic bowl, and decorate with the remaining 2 Tbs. of parsley and 2 Tbs. olive oil.
~ To Your Health! ♥