This is a tasty, satisfying blend… not very sophisticated but quite pleasing and of course good for you!
To ensure stable blood sugar, none of my smoothies or juiced drinks contain high fructose fruits. Bananas are OK if they are on the ‘green’ side, absolutely no brown specks.
In the Middle East, Rose Water (and Orange Blossom Water) are routinely used to enhance the flavor of plain water, juice drinks, desserts and some savory dishes. These can now be easily found in international groceries, and markets with international food sections, like Whole Foods. Refrigerate after opening.
To add a nutritional boost, you can add one or more of the following:
- 1 tsp. freshly ground Flax seeds (if you’ll drink it all within 30 minutes!)
- 1 tsp. Chia seeds
- a little Orange zest
- chopped fresh Mint for garnish and flavor
- Hemp or Pea protein
- Flaxseed oil
Blackberry Banana Blast with Rose Water
3 – 4 servings
- 2/3 c. organic fresh or frozen Blackberries
- 2/3 c. organic fresh or frozen Strawberries
- 1 under-ripe Banana, in chunks
- 1/2 c. Apple Juice
- 1/2 c. Coconut or Almond yogurt
- 1 tsp. Rose Water (Ma’ Ward)
- 1/4 c. Ice cubes (omit if berries are frozen)
Blend until smooth.
Garnish with a berry or organic fresh rose petals! ♥