This recipe has become a favorite as a quick lunch, or salad substitute with dinner.
The presentation is colorful. You can get fancy with decorating the plate, unlike my quick photo shot right before dinner!
Next time you shop buy two packages of Brown Rice Wrappers and Nori sheets to have on hand.
You can improvise with the filling, and surely you have a jar of organic, no-sugar-added Peanut Butter for the sauce base. 🙂
Mini Veggie Wraps with Peanut Sauce
Note: You can make the sauce without the pepper flakes, and/or add 1 tsp. Lime Juice for more zip.
Also, adjusting the amount is simple.. for each additional sheet or Nori or Rice wraps, you’ll want another 1/2-3/4 c. of shredded or sliced veggies.
- 4 sheets Brown Rice Wrappers
- 2 sheets sushi-grade Nori
- 1 1/2 c. organic Zucchini, shredded
- 1 c. organic Carrots, shredded
- 4 organic Scallions, cut into thin strips
- 3/4 c. fresh organic Cilantro, stems trimmed
- 1/2 c. organic Mushrooms, sliced thin
- 1/2 c. organic Red Cabbage, shredded
- 1/4 c. organic Yellow or Red Bel Pepper, thinly sliced
Spicy Peanut Sauce
- 1/4 c. organic, no-sugar-added Peanut Butter
- 3 Tbs. Coconut Aminos or Tamari Sauce
- 2 Tbs. Rice Vinegar
- 2 Tbs. organic ev Olive Oil
- 1 Tbs. raw, organic Honey (Maple syrup for vegan)
- 2 tsp. Sesame Oil
- 2 tsp. organic Garlic, minced
- 2 tsp. Ginger
- 1 tsp. crushed Red Pepper flakes
- 2 tsp. Water or Lime juice (opt)
Mix all ingredients, whisking until smooth. (You may add a few crushed peanuts if you so desire.) Place in a bowl.
- Place 1/2″ of warm water in a round deep dish, or 9″ pie plate (to fit Rice Wrapper).
- Dip rice wrap in water for a few seconds, holding down, until it begins to soften.
- Place on a chopping board or kitchen counter covered with parchment paper.
- Spread 2 tsp. of sauce along center, and place up to 3/4 cup of filling (1/6 of each veggie), in layers, on wrap. Fold ends in and roll carefully but firmly, so as not to tear sheet.
- Cut into 1-1/2″ slices with very sharp knife, and place on serving platter.
- Do this with remaining sheets or rice wraps.
To make Nori, go through the same process, but do not dip in water.
- Spread peanut sauce in a line 1″ away from edge nearest to you.
- Arrange ingredients on top of sauce, and brush a little water along top edge.
- Roll wrap tightly using both hands and all fingers so it’s even.
- Slice and add to platter. Decorate with Cilantro sprigs.
- Serve with additional peanut sauce, or Tamari.
~ In Good Health! ♥