I am a mom, aunt to 19 nephews and nieces, chef, recipe developer, writer, past Cafe owner, organic veg grower, health advocate and knitter.
At the behest of my daughter I created this blog to help others discover what makes us sick, which foods heal, and all options available for reversing inflammatory conditions like Cancer, Heart Disease and Type II Diabetes.
Clinical studies are now more frequently initiated comparing the power of foods and supplements versus pharmaceutical drugs in the prevention or curing of disease.
You can greatly improve your health, and as a bonus achieve your ideal weight without having to make that your focus. just by
- eliminating simple carbs and processed foods,
- increasing the Super Foods listed,
- taking the right Supplements based on 5 simple blood tests,
- and making use of Complimentary Therapies like acupuncture, massage and meditation.
There may be a time to consider traditional, more invasive therapies and treatment, but initially you may wish to consider less toxic and less risky options, even as an adjunct to such treatment, and the very least to lessen known side effects.
A number of foods and spices are funded for study by the National Institutes of Health, based on success with these foods in the ‘Complimentary Medicine Field.
Cinnamon, Flavonoids, and Vitamin D3 are examples of some of the foods that have shown in clinical trials incredible healing abilities.
- Dietary Antioxidant Flavonoids Protect Against Post-Menopausal Breast Cancer: Marilie D. Gammon, Ph.D., University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill (2007)
- Tocotrienol (Vitamin E) Combination Therapy results in Synergistic Anticancer Response: Sylvester PW, Wali VB, Bachawal SV, Shirode AB, Ayoub NM, Akl MR. College of Pharmacy, University of Louisiana at Monroe
- Vitamin D Reduces Angiogenesis: van den Bemd and Chang, 2002
My journey began in 2009, and is explained on the ‘About’ page.
It transformed my body, my priorities, my understanding of food, my diet and happily my health.
Many years of research and study have expanded my knowledge of nutrition and food choices in ways I couldn’t have imagined, and uncovered the shameful actions of a ‘profit-at-any-cost’ food industry with the sole aim of making us addicted to the nutrient deficient junk food that is making us sicker and sicker.
I know how I felt then, and I know how I feel now.
The damage dead, overly-processed foods cause to our very tissue, and the potential inflammation (i.e. heart disease, diabetes and cancer) they stimulate just isn’t worth it.
All the recipes I post have healing qualities and are approved for diets that prevent the progress of disease, and in many instances, aid the healing process.
For those considering traditional Cancer treatment:
It is CRITICAL that you support your body before, during and after Chemo and Radiation by taking the right supplements during each phase.
Many patients have complications from the toxicity of the drugs and are unable to complete the full course, therefore the whole treatment.
Many deaths are associated with a person’s diagnosis, when in fact it is the toxicity of the treatments that are the cause.
Do your homework.
Talk to a qualified Nutritionist who works with cancer patients, or CONTACT ME for a consultation or a referral.
Under the advisement of a Nutritional Oncologist, you can:
1) weather the toxicity of chemo drugs much better
2) aid the treatment to be more effective
3) experience fewer or less severe side effects (I am a living example)
My best to you, in Good Health!